Welcome to the website of the parish church of St Mark Ballysillan.
Located some 500 feet above sea level on the Ligoniel Road, Belfast, the parish has a long history in the Ligoniel and Ballysillan area.
The church was formed in February 1852 and the foundation stone of the church building laid in May 1854.
An act of consecration was conducted on 1st May two years later.
However within 30 months the church building was extended twice – the first in September 1866 and the second, to its current size, in 1886. Obviously the influx of people to work in the nearby mills was a contributing factor.
Dedicated to St Mark we attempt to continue in his footsteps in:
- making the good news of the gospel accessible to everyone;
- to encourage those who may be under attack for their faith;
- to defend the faith, and
- to explain and demonstrate the significance and relevance of the gospel of Jesus Christ in todays society.
We are part of the Church of Ireland in the Diocese of Connor and are very much a welcoming community.
Our worship includes traditional as well as contemporary services.
Visitors and new members are always welcome.
Revd. Campbell Dixon MBE MA
This website is currently being reviewed and in the next few weeks additional information will be added.
Sundays 11:00am and 6:30pm
Holy Communion: First Sunday of each month at 11:00am and third Sunday of each month at 6:30pm.
A Family Service is held on the third Sunday of each month at 11:00am
Service of Wholeness and Healing – fourth Sunday each month at 6:30pm (except July and August) .